On those days when it is too rainy or cold to bring Olivia outside to play in the yard we have ourselves a nice, little treat. I bring her to the mall for a romp in the play space and lunch at the food court. Livi
loves this. So we were enjoying our lunch of delicious tuna salad and fruit when I realized that I had never fed Olivia cantaloupe before. Well, heck. So after making my ceremonial joke to her about how these melons have to get married in a church because they can't elope, I gave her a chunk. She took a bite, spit it into her palm, and then held it up to me with a look of pure zeal on her face as she squished it like it was the still-beating heart of her sworn enemy. Luckily for you, I was able to get her to do it again when we got home. Just a guess, but I'd say she doesn't love cantaloupe.
That is HI-Larious!! Hey, if she loves to squish things, we've discovered something you might try. Joshua got some kid "shaving cream" for his birthday (it's just whipped-up soap) and the kids call it "squish." It is so soft and squishy and they absolutely love playing with it at bath time. Hopefully someday the little missy to give cantaloupe a chance. It is awesome stuff, I think!
ReplyDeletei seriously want to eat her up. she's such a ham.
ReplyDeleteas i read this, i literally laughed out loud at your description of her first reaction to cantaloupe.
Ooh! I'll have to find some "squish" for her baths! I think that sounds like something Livi would love to mess around with. And eat. Currently her favorite bath toy is the wand for the bubbles I blow for her. She always hands it to me to dip in the bubbles and then promptly wants it back. Bubble solution must taste nothing like cantaloupe. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a CUTIE PIE! Caden does the same thing, so did my oldest boy. So freakin' cute! ~Candice
ReplyDelete