Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Eyes, Nose, Mouth - My Daughter, the Genius

Livi is a smart baby. I mean, yes, I'm probably a little biased, but it's true. Even her doctor says so. :-) We just had her 12-month well visit the other day and Dr. S. said that now would be a great time to start naming body parts so that in a few months we'd see that Olivia recognized the words and would be able to point to them when we say them. Well. My smarty-pants already does this (insert preening mommy here). The doctor was actually pretty impressed and said that they don't expect kids to be able to do that with any consistancy until around 18 months. So make room, MENSA. Olivia's going to need a seat at your round table. The down side of Olivia's stellar word recognition is that Reuben and I swear like sailors in our house. Probably going to have to curb the use of f-bombs a bit going forward lest her first sentence be something along the lines of "more f-ing peas, please!".

2 comments:

  1. Why hello Miss Smarty! Good for her sweet baby girl! Oh and Happy 1st Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well by golly! Way to go little missy. Yeah, hubby and I have had to learn to watch what we say too. It gets worse, believe it or not, as the vocabulary grows! Today, I was frustrated with the driver ahead of me for NOT merging onto the freeway and said, "Come on lady! Move it!" Didn't think a thing of it. Later on, when we were stopped at a red light, Joshua said, "Come on lady! Move it!" in exactly the same tone of voice. Yikes. The problem is, it made me giggle! You might giggle too the first time you hear about the f-ing peas! :)

    ReplyDelete