Just last night while playing on the floor, she started twisting her body and turning herself in a circle using her arms - on purpose! And then, as if that wasn't impressive enough, she rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time. Mommy was, of course, jumping around like an idiot and clapping like crazy. She will be crawling, or at least rolling, around the house any day now. A few days ago she had some rather annoying boogers in her nose that apparently itched and inspired her Snorty Face. I laughed and now she does it all the time. Oh, Olivia, if you only knew how embarrassed you'll be when all your high school classmates get to see this video...
Of course, the most exciting development is one that we've been watching for quite some time. Olivia has been teething since she was about four months old. That's right, nearly three and a half months of drooling pools and occasional bouts of tender gums. Then, this morning, she chomped down on my pinky and bit me with... her new tooth! It's not all the way through, yet, but the tip is. I think it will only be a few days before she may have more than one tooth come through. All four of her front teeth look to be right there, making the gums white where the ridges are. She's been miserable on and off for over three months, but now that the points are breaking through it's not seeming to bother her much at all. Aside from still wanting to munch on anything that comes within a few feet of her face, that is. I really hope she can get a break from all the drooling so her face can heal from the constant rash she has had. But mostly I just can't wait to see that adorable toothless grin turn into an adorable toothy one! As soon as I realized that bottom tooth was coming in, I snapped a picture. Just in case she wakes up tomorrow and looks like she got into grandma's dentures. Isn't she just the cutest little monster you ever saw? (Ignore the bad comb-over. We just woke up and I was too busy yodeling over the discovery of a tooth to bust out the brush.)

Thankfully, Olivia still has a long way to go before she starts doing all the really gross and annoying stuff that little kids do, like play with their poop or throw knock down, drag out tantrums in the middle of Target. This evening I was treated to one of my favorite moments ever in the history of time. As Olivia was winding down on the couch with me, watching a recorded episode of Top Chef and chewing on Princess Oooo-Livia (her rattle), she turned her face into mine and gave me the most content, sleepy smile and sighed as she touched my cheek. I knew at that moment that all was right with the world as far as my daughter was concerned. And that, my friends, is all that matters.
Awwwww, what a little sweetheart you have! I can't believe she's 7 months old already. But I can believe that it took 4 months to cut that first tooth. That's EXACTLY how my babies were! Started teething just a few months old and went about it for months. Miss Ella has been working on her canines for at least 4 months now. I'm SOOO glad it finally came through! Savor every single one of those wonderful snuggle moments. They are the very best thing in all the world. Big hugs!
ReplyDelete