Friday, November 27, 2009

Month in Review

Holy smokes! November is almost over and I've only updated this blog once all month! Jeez, what a slacker I am. Well, let's see what's new with our nearly 8 month-old...

So far Olivia has her two bottom teeth and is working on the top two. (Sorry the picture quality isn't the best - she never lets me take a picture when she's smiling so I have to be extra fast!)


With her new teeth, she enjoys exploring new foods (I took the bites out of the apple, she's not that good, yet!)...


... and trying to feed herself.

Olivia has discovered that she has a copycat friend in the mirror.

And that Daddy (who wishes to remain anonymous) gives awesome piggy back rides.

She continues to work on figuring out how to crawl, but is content to rock back onto her knees at the moment.


Olivia is also quite the sport when it comes to Mommy making her model ridiculous headpieces.


Finally, Christmas came a few weeks early this year and we bought Olivia an exersaucer (crazy bouncy contraption that now fills my living room). She loves it as demonstrated in this short video:


With Olivia's first Thanksgiving, we discovered that she is not a fan of mashed potatoes, garlic or plain. I'm pretty sure this is illegal in some states but, alas, Olivia isn't aware that she's breaking the law just yet. Maybe by Christmas, she'll have a few more teeth and a taste for spuds. It continues to occur to me that she is catching up to me in age at a rapid rate (after all, I am staying 25 for a few more years at least...). Already it is less than a week before she turns 8 months old. She'll be 9 months old on New Year's Day! Slow down, Livi...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Miss O, your Auntie Nicole says that you have to like mashed potatoes by Thanksgiving next year or else I'll have to send the tickle monster after you! Oh, those pictures are adorable. What a sweet, wonderful little girl you have. I LOVE the one with the flower headband (every little girl needs at least one headband with a flower bigger than her head) and the one of her new teeth (YAAAAAYYYY!). Huge hugs to you guys.

    ReplyDelete