Saturday, February 27, 2010

In One Month, We Will Have a One Year-Old

Oh my gosh, how did this happen so fast? It feels like just yesterday, Reuben and I were sitting tensely on the couch, staring at a napping Olivia and saying how we couldn't wait until she was a year old and doing all kinds of cool stuff. And it was literally just the other day that I was remarking on how crazy I was to think the first 6 months were hard at all. Seriously? I thought it was difficult to have a baby who was only awake for a few hours at a time and just laid there? What was wrong with me? Now I have a baby who crawls at will, including during poopy diaper changes, insists on having us help her walk most places (because crawling is getting to be so passe), and stands up in her sleep. At some point down the road, I'm probably going to be laughing at myself yet again for thinking this stuff was tough... You know, when she's 12 going on 21 and hormones make her evil. But, that's what this blog is for - remembering her sweet cuteness.

Anyway, I have had the theme for her first ever birthday party in my head since... well, since I was pregnant, and maybe even a little while before that. In fact, my dorky self just showed Reuben the napkins that I had purchased for it when I was still pregnant (and didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl - thank goodness we had a girl or this would be a pretty fem boy party). Now I just have to figure out what toys she needs. I've been on the lookout for a doll that has zippers, velcro, and buttons on it but can't seem to find one anywhere - so Grandparents, it's your turn! ;-)

Olivia is becoming so active and I am so glad that spring is right around the corner! I wonder what new tricks she will be performing in the next month? Probably not solo walking, but maybe a little purposeful talking? Reuben and I are still waiting to officially be "mama" and "daddy"...

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, it gets worse, this "where did the time go" feeling! I swear, they grow up faster with each passing year.

    ReplyDelete