All of a sudden, I have a third, real, live person living in my house. Olivia isn't quite 10 months old, yet, but she is not a baby anymore. What's up with that?! Okay, so she's not ready to contribute to our finances (well, sort of she is, what with the tax break we can claim this year - yay!), or the chores (oh, how I long for the day that she can push a vacuum), and she's not feeding herself with a spoon unless she's trying to yank it out of my hand, and she doesn't speak in intelligible sentences, yet. BUT. She crawls really fast! And she's figuring out how to pull herself up on stuff! And she cruises laps around her musical table like nobody's business! Oh, and did I mention that she weighs 23 pounds and is almost half as tall as me at 29 inches? Who is this big kid???
I haven't yet managed to capture the cruising on video because, well, that would just be dangerous. She is far too fond of throwing her hands up in the air in a "look, mom, no hands!" gesture and then bowling over backwards with a completely straight back, like suddenly her bouncy, little knees have locked up on her. I did, however, get her latest sound. Olivia tells Na Na jokes. :-)
Olivia: Na Na
Me: Who's there?
Olivia: Na Na
Me: Who's there?
Olivia: Na Na Na Na Na Na (squeal, snort, heeee!)
Below is a sampling.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
Bummer, I couldn't get the video to load! :( I bet it's adorable, though. Isn't it amazing when suddenly they cross a threshold and become a person? Just wait until little missy wants to help you unload the dishwasher and put the dishes away. "Chores" take about 5 times longer, but they are somehow much more entertaining when you're helped out by a little person!
ReplyDelete